Cardiopulmonary Services Manager - Cardiopulmonary
Critical Access Hospital seeks Respiratory Therapy Manager to provide cardiopulmonary services to all patients under the direction of the medical staff. This position is responsible of the operation of the Respiratory Therapy Department and is a working manager. Responsible for the supervision of the department. Instruct all technicians and professional personnel in the correct and proper use of all services offered by the department. Works with patients of all ages. This is a day shift with on-call.
• Directs the program and staff of the respiratory therapy department.
• Oversees the provision of diagnostic, treatment, and educational services for patients with respiratory disorders. Coordinate care with other departments and providers.
• Develop and implement respiratory care services in accordance with the policies of the hospital and the directives of the medical staff.
• Monitors patient progress and treatment plans.
• Supervise respiratory therapy operations, staff and schedule.
• Direct quality monitoring and evaluation to improve quality measures, initiatives and results.
• Ensure provision of optimal patient care through an efficient, skilled, caring staff to include ongoing review and monitoring of care and services.
• Review and evaluate patient satisfaction scores.
• Participate in policy-making decisions that affect patient care services to include policy development.
• Create a positive and collaborative work environment between clinical departments.
• Works with CFO on department budget. Manages departmental budget and cost-control measures to ensure maximum effectiveness of funds.
• Manages reports and maintains department records and statistics.
• Ensure department operations comply with established KBRC standards and regulations and hospital policies.
• Directing and managing personnel functions, including recruiting, hiring and retention of staff, handling disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, orientation and training and timekeeping for the department.
• Maintain required competencies and continuing education.
• Participate in Department Directors and Administrative meetings.
• Other duties as assigned
Associates of Health Science degree in Respiratory Care. Bachelor's degree preferred. Must hold current license by the State of Kentucky as a Respiratory Care Practitioner. Minimum 10 years’ experience in Respiratory Therapy. Supervisory experience preferred in a health care setting. Proven strong clinical skills and strong communication skills. BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS and PALS certifications required within six months.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 101921
Kathy Gray - Director of Human Resources
254 Main Street
Cadiz, KY 42211